Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My First Pinterest Project Review


I've managed to complete a few Pinterest projects and recipes but I think that this one is my favorite so far. When we found out that we were expecting a new baby Maggie was still in her crib but getting close to making the move to a big bed. Instead of changing her nursery into her big girl room we decided to start from scratch it was was our office. I started looking at different ideas for this room and wanted to have run getting it all together for Maggie. One thing that I really needed to do was come up with a solution for her books. The little cubby shelf they were on was now too small for them. In the process of searching for ideas for her room I stumbled upon this photo on Pinterest. I fell in love with it because I thought it would take up less time than a traditional book shelf.


I think they are already a little full

 I found fabric that coordinated with her new bedding which I also made and set out to make the shelves/slings.

The sewing portion of the project took no time at all. I did make a few changes to the measurements just to fit them on our wall a little better but other than that I followed the tutorial completely. If she adds any more books to her library I'm going to have to add another shelf. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to make my boys these! They have way to many books! How long did you make yours?

Laura said...

I made them 42". They were super easy. The hardest part was actually hanging them only because I made them just the right length for that wall that it was a weird angle to screw the brackets in.