After finding my fabric and matching ribbon I set out to make the gown. I did have to make a few alterations to the pattern but nothing major or difficult. I will say that the hardest part of making this gown was not having my serger. (It's at the shop being serviced as I type.) But I didn't want to put off making the gown due to Ellie's fast approaching due date. I'm really happy with how the gown turned out.
My favorite feature is the nursing capabilities. I remember with Maggie that the hospital gowns were not quite as modest or discrete as I would liked to have been.
So, instead of spending anywhere from $50-$70 I spent a little over $20 and have a custom hospital gown. I'm really happy with how it came out! I can't wait to wear it when Ellie makes her big debut!