Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Pinterest Attempt: Maternity Hospital Gown

A few months ago I was on Pinterest and came across a pin for "designer maternity hospital gowns" and I immediately fell in love with them. I did not, however, fall in love with the prices I was finding! They ranged anywhere from $50-$70! For something that was going to end up with some sort of gunk on it either from delivery or a new baby! (Sorry but it's the truth.) While the price turned me off to the idea of purchasing a gown it didn't turn me off to the idea all together. I searched a bit more and came across a tutorial on how to make one for myself.

After finding my fabric and matching ribbon I set out to make the gown. I did have to make a few alterations to the pattern but nothing major or difficult. I will say that the hardest part of making this gown was not having my serger. (It's at the shop being serviced as I type.) But I didn't want to put off making the gown due to Ellie's fast approaching due date. I'm really happy with how the gown turned out.

My favorite feature is the nursing capabilities. I remember with Maggie that the hospital gowns were not quite as modest or discrete as I would liked to have been.



So, instead of spending anywhere from $50-$70 I spent a little over $20 and have a custom hospital gown. I'm really happy with how it came out! I can't wait to wear it when Ellie makes her big debut! 

2 comments:

Mungee's Ma said...

That's gorgeous! I bet you could sell those!

Unknown said...

That turned out great!!! It's a lot better than the pink or blue ones they give you.. and don't even get me started on the same nursing capabilites.. lol..