Saturday, October 3, 2009

Elisabeth with an "S"

My husband is such a thoughtful person and even though he may not always have the greatest memory, he makes up for it by having his heart in the right place.

About a month ago when my parents were in town my dad and Will took off on a "boy mission" while my mom and I got pedicures. When we all arrived back at the house there were two wrapped packages sitting on my dining room table. I asked Will what they were and he told me one was for Maggie and the other was for me. After a little convincing he finally said that I could open them. So, I did. The first one was a little smaller than the next and when I opened it this is what I found:

Now, let's flash back to a conversation that he and I had one day on the way home from work about Maggie's name. He asked me how we planned on spelling her middle name. I replied that it would be spelled E-L-I-Z-A-B-E-T-H. He replied by saying "Okay, just wanted to check. I wasn't sure."

So, skip back to me opening her little keepsake Bible that her daddy bought her and as I looked at it more I realized that he had already had her name engraved on it. I was so touched that he thought about it and picked such a sweet Bible. Not only that but it's a real Bible and not just a children's Bible that paraphrases stories so she can use it for a while.

I continued to study it and realized something...

I noticed that Maggie's middle name was spelled with an "S" instead of a "Z". I mentioned it to Will who looked at me with huge eyes and said "I thought we decided that was how we were going to spell it." I laughed and said that we would spell it with an "S" now. He felt so bad and confessed that he should have listened to the lady at the book store when she asked him if he was sure about that spelling. Poor guy. So, now we are spelling Maggie's middle name with an "S". I think it's a great story to tell her one day about how she got her name.

As for the second package, it was a new Bible for me. I was still using the one I had received from my parents for my 21st birthday, which was fine, but Will thought I should have a new one with my married name on it. I did ask him jokingly, before opening it, if he spelled my name correctly... I don't think he thought I was funny...

5 comments:

Ashley Lyon said...

That is so cute but poor Will! I think Elisabeth is perfect :)

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

I like Elisabeth with an S. Cute story. :)

Cecilia said...

I think that is a precious story, but I might be a little bit biased because I think Will is so adorable. ;-)

I'm just here trolling your blog, trying to find some news about Maggie's birth. LOL.

A. Dennette said...

I like Elisabeth better, actually. I think it's so beautiful and elegant.
Where did he get that bible? I need to get Addy one stat!

TUNDE said...

i love your family. I'm newly married too. I think I'll need to start blogging about my family too. Its wonderful! I wish the family a merry xmas & a happy new year in advance. Tunde