Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We learned a new trick...





We started out having to help her a little bit but now she can pretty much find her thumb on her own. This particular day when she found her thumb we were up early before anyone else. I was folding laundry which was fresh out of the dryer and had just finished feeding her before starting that. She sat in her Boppy chair and talked to me while I folded and then got quiet after a few minutes. I noticed that she had that heavy eye look so being silly I took a warm pair of Will's sweat pants that I was about to fold and said "Here, you hold these. Maybe they'll put you to sleep." I laid the pants on her belly like a blanket and no more than a minute later Maggie found her thumb and was sound asleep. She stayed like that for about an hour and a half. I was able to get a nap in too. I'm not sure if it was the warm pants or the thumb that did the trick but ever since then she's been really good about finding her thumb and putting herself to sleep.


2 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

that's so cute! and I love the new layout! :)

Mungee's Ma said...

It was a wonderful day in our house when Vivi found her thumb. Congrats!