Thursday, December 10, 2009

Someone is 2 months old...



That's right! Miss Maggie Lyon has turned 2 months old! Where has the time gone? It really feels like she just grew so quickly in a matter of a couple of weeks. She started sleeping through the night and dropped her night time fussy time about two weeks ago. She is such a sweet, happy girl. I love getting her up in the mornings. She usually greets me with a big gummy grin, dimple included and I just fall in love all over again.

Yesterday we went to see her doctor for Maggie's two month well check and Dr. C said she is doing great! She weighed in at 12 lbs. and 12 oz. and was 24 1/4 inches long! In fact, when Dr. C saw how long Maggie was she asked us to measure he again because she was almost off the "charts!!! I wasn't nearly as surprised at Dr. C, though, since Will is 6'2", I'm 5'7", my dad is 6'4" oh, and we can't forget that Maggie's Aunt Bird (my sister, Adrienne) is 6' tall herself. Needless to say, she doesn't have shrimps in her family. Maggie did have to get her first round of shots and she did not like it one bit. It was really so sad, both for her and for me. I thought I was going to cry there for a minute too. I never would have thought I would. Working in pediatrics for 5 years, I thought I would have toughened up to the little ones getting their shots but it is so different when it's your own baby. None the less, she survived and I did as well. She was a little fussy last night but woke up this morning just as happy as ever.

Speaking of Aunt Bird, (sorry, I totally changed the subject right there) we are going to be making another trip to Charlotte on Monday for Aunt Bird and Uncle J.T.'s wedding. Please pray that we have a safe trip and pray for the soon-to-be-wed couple and their marriage. We are really excited to add J.T. to our family and think he'll be a great addition.

Last but not least, here are some practice Christmas pictures I took of Maggie the other day. We didn't get "the one" but we had a good time playing. I still can't believe how much she's grown in just two months. What a blessing it is to watch her grow, though.




No comments: