Monday, August 24, 2009

Bum's the word.

BumGenius that is....
Ever since before Will and I found out we were expecting we have seriously leaned towards using cloth diapers on our little one's bum. After talking to several friends who have used them and doing our research as well, we decided to go with these cloth diapers.

Now, let me just tell you all that I actually was changing cloth diapers before I ever changed a disposable one because my mom had me and my two sisters in cloth diapers. However, back then we used the kind that require pins and plastic pants.

I knew there were definite benefits to cloth diapers but I just wasn't sure about the pins and the plastic pants. So I started looking further into our options. Let me just tell you. Cloth diapers have come a long way in the past 20 years. Yes, we will still have to wash them ourselves instead of using a diaper service but these diapers are almost just like using disposables. They are one size fits all and they have the absorbency and a water proof outside all in one diaper. And, not only will we be able to use these for Maggie up until she potty trains but we will aslo be able to use them on the next Lyon cub.

I ordered several this weekend and can not wait to get them all ready for Maggie's arrival.

9 comments:

Isaac's Mom said...

You will have to let me know how you like those. We use fuzzy bunz, and I love them. I have one bum genius all in one (not one size fits all and it has velcro), but isaac outgrew it much faster than the fuzzi bunz. I was thinking about checking these out, so let me know what you think.

Sarah

Unknown said...

I think for our next kid, we are doing the cloth diapers as well. Let me know how you will like them.

Amy said...

you are going to love them! Did you get all 3.0s or the all-in-ones? Yay for fluffy bums =)

Laura said...

Amy, we got a mix. Right now we have the one size all-in-ones and some of the 3.0 one-size. We got the 3.0's for over-night. I believe that was yours or Nancy's suggestion. :-)

Amy said...

good choices!
keep your receipt handy. if there is curling on the velcro at 11 months (from time of purchase...) send them back and you will most likely get brand new diapers. the girls on EFF do it all the time.

Unknown said...

You are going to love those! We loved them for Quinn. :)

Debra said...

Been thinkin about you.. Head to Kim's blog and click on her link to "The Martin Family". She's had a few recent posts about cloth diapers.. :)

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of these...I would love to use them on number three, whenever that is.

Checking in, wondering if Ms. Maggie was still holding on tight:) Noah was 11 days late, so I feel your pain.

Hope you are feeling well!!

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of these...I would love to use them on number three, whenever that is.

Checking in, wondering if Ms. Maggie was still holding on tight:) Noah was 11 days late, so I feel your pain.

Hope you are feeling well!!