Saturday, February 20, 2010

DIY and Craft Blogs

Oh my! A post that isn't about Maggie!

Nope, it's about something else that's fun! I am talking about DIY, Decorating and Craft Blogs! Now that my baby has started taking regular naps and I've got most of our house in order I've gotten the itch to start sprucin' up the joint.

As you all know, Will and I moved into our house a little less than two years ago. When we first moved in we painted the entire house but beyond that, we did nothing else to really make it our own. My mom came for a week to make curtains and throw pillows for our couch but other than those two things I was at a loss for any other ideas to decorate.

So, since my baby has started taking regular naps (Thank you, Jesus!) I've started trying to come up with ideas for decorating our house. I've found a couple of really great blogs that have tons of ideas and tons of DIY posts! Those are my favorite, by the way.

Here are a few of the blogs I've discovered but I want you all to tell me of any that you might have stumbled upon. Or tell me about some projects that you've completed in your own homes. Either one! As you leave the blogs or posts in my comments, I'll add them to the list below so everyone can refer to them. And lastly, as I complete projects in the house, I'll try and keep you guys updated so you can see just how helpful you are.

A Soft Place to Land
Living with Lindsay
A Home in Progress

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Fun post! I LOVE decorating. I just wish I had the cash flow to do so right now. Please keep us updated with pictures, I love seeing what other people have done to their homes!

Kimberly said...

I just went through this phase, or I guess I am still in it:) I did some updating to my walls finally.

I just got your comment and had to tell you I was telling Debra the other day how much I love your blog because it reminds me how wonderful those days with just one were. When you get in a groove and everything is perfect about your child and parenting. Im not saying it only gets worse, don't think that, just that this phase you are in goes so quickly and it is so precious. I remember Noah being three months old and still taking three naps a day and I was getting bored and so ready for a second:) All that to say, I can tell you much you are enjoying this great place you are in with Maggie and I think it is awesome. She is so cute!

Sarah said...

Here are two that I like:

http://ohsohappytogether.blogspot.com/

http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/

And here are a couple that got me started on felt food, but if you google that you'll find a ton of pictures and patterns available. I have a couple of friends that I swap with so I have lots and lots of felt food. :-)
 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=222947.0

http://keeperofthecheerios.com/2008/12/best-felt-food-patterns-from-around-the-web/