Friday, February 5, 2010

She'll probably come back with a funny accent or a nose ring...maybe both!


Well, it wouldn't be fair for me to talk about Maggie a lot and then mention Adrienne and JT's wedding and NOT mention the other big event that happened recently in our family. So, while I was off having a baby and Adrienne was off getting hitched, Jenny decided to run off to Ireland! Well, not exactly run off...she flew. And it's not like we didn't know it was coming. She is studying abroad for a semester.

Now, before I go much further in this post I should mention that Jenny has taken a back seat to all the major events that both Adrienne and I keep coming up with and she's handled it very well. She and my mom had planned and saved to take a trip to Europe/London when Jenny first graduated from high school. However, when Will and I became engaged their trip got postponed. Then Adrienne and Will both graduated from college at the same time causing an even longer delay in planning their trip so much to the point that by the time we announced that we were expecting and Adrienne and JT announced their engagement, mom and Jenny's trip had been forgotten.

So, Jenny decided to study abroad for a semester. In Ireland! And off she went last week. I'm very proud of her for going, too! This will be her fist time living away from home with the exception of a couple months when she first started college. The only difference, other than the fact that she's in another country, is that this time I think she is very ready and going to do great! I'm really excited to hear about all the things she's going to see and all the people she's going to meet. She's even threatened, much to my father's chagrin, to get her nose pierced. Only time will tell what she decides to do. But in the mean time, Jenny have a great time and enjoy it because 4 1/2 months is going to fly by! But the experience is going to stay with you forever.

1 comment:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Oh my goodness, I'm SO jealous. And I can't even imagine how jealous KELLY must be! She's going to have a great time, and she totally deserves it. I keep waiting to find out what Madison is going to end up doing... with my getting engaged, then married, having a baby, and Harrison's Army stuff; I hope she gets to do something like Jenny. Just not yet. She's only 12. lol.