Friday, February 6, 2009

Just stoppin' by to say hello

I know I'm way behind on posting but I promise I have great reasons. I just can't tell you any of them right now. We have been more busy than ever at work which is really good. Will has been working hard at his second job of teaching two nights a week so any time we can spend together that is not at work is cherished.

Also, I got a call from you middle sister, Adrienne, last week. She was calling to tell me she was engaged! We are really excited for her as well as J.T., her fiance'. While Will and I were in Charlotte for Christmas J.T. had actually asked me to go ring shopping with him. We went and picked out what we thought would be the perfect ring for her so when she called and told me that she loved her ring I felt really good knowing that I had helped pick it out.

On a not so happy note, my long time pet from when I was growing up, Molly, had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. My mom had called me the Friday before to let me know that poor Molly had been having seizures. They took her to the emergency vet where they believed she had a brain tumor. They treated the seizures with medicine in the hopes that she was epileptic but she just really didn't get any better. In fact, she got worse over that weekend so that following Monday my mom and dad took her to the vet to see if there was anything they could do. There wasn't and she was just not herself so they put her to sleep. Goodness I miss that dog! I know it's silly but I really do. My poor mom is even worse off than I am. I pray that her pain is short lived. She's been through a lot over the past couple of months.

So, that's pretty much what's been going on in our lives over the past month or so. We are really boring people. I do have more updates but they will have to wait. Just keep checking back.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Hmmm....I want to know those great reasons!! I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm speculating ;) Glad to see you posting!

Ashley Lyon said...

I am so so sorry about Molly, it got me teary. :(

That's exciting about Adrienne!

Laura said...

Ashley, I still can't talk to my mom without us making each other cry. It's bad!

Megan :-) said...

reason... hmmmm... Can't wait to hear what it's about! Hope you are doing well!

Rachel said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear about Molly.

So happy for Adrienne!

Love you!

(Your little button and signature are ADORABLE!)

Theresa Patch's Thirty-One said...

Hey! I have been thinking about you. I am sorry about Molly :(
I can't wait to hear your great reasons!!