Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Last weekend Will and I headed north to visit with my family in Charlotte. I always love going home to visit. Every meal is a huge event. We try to get the most out of every day that we are there. This trip was no exception. Friday was a bit on the low-key side, though. My mom had to work and Will had made plans to play golf with his friend Matt. So, I spent a greater part of the day catching up on relaxation and spending time with my beloved Molly.



She is by far the greatest dog ever! (Just please don't tell Eeyore and Rosie I said that.) We got Molly when I was a senior in high school. She was a little puppy and would ride with me everywhere I went. She also slept in my room with me. Now, when I go home I can sometimes get her to cuddle with me still.

Now, I would like to add that although Molly is wearing a lovely t-shirt in the photo above my family is not the sort that dress their animals. No, Molly had just had a few cysts removed from here chest the week prior to our visit and had been instructed to wear t-shirts to protect her sutures. But all the same, I think she's really cute.


While we were in Charlotte we also had the chance to go and visit with my grandparents. (My mom's parents.) They live in Pinehurst, NC or actually Southern Pines to be exact. They just moved into their brand new house. Will and I got to go and see it for the first time since they moved in and I must say that it is adorable!



See. Just look at the porch.


They are very patriotic with their flag waving proudly. And look, they are friendly folk! See, they're waving at you. Wave back, y'all. (Please excuse my husband as he rubs his eye.)


And here we all are. Just sitting on the porch watching the neighborhood walk by. It reminds me of something right out of Mayberry.


But they are just my grandparents. My lovely, wonderful grandparents. Aren't they cute? They still hold hands, see. They've been married to each other for over 50 years and I think they are both really neat. I think I'm lucky to know them let alone be called their grand-daughter. Some day I'll have to tell you all about how they met.

The next few days in Charlotte didn't hold any huge events. We just did what we love to do and that is spend time with family. Oh, and eat. We ate at a couple of my favorite places. We enjoyed fried pickles at The Penguin and then had dinner with my parents at Manzetti's. On top of that, my parents both happened to be wonderful cooks and I love to join them in the kitchen as the whip up their masterpiece for the evening.

Every time I go back to NC it gets harder and harder to leave. I love it there with my family.

After coming home from Charlotte we resumed our life as normal here in Florida. We were just thankful that we didn't have a hurricane waiting for us once we got home.

No comments: