Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Week 24 Update

This week has been and will continue to be a busy one for us. Will started teaching at the college again plus we have so many things to get done around the house. The great thing is that we are making progress for when M comes. We can't wait to meet her!

How far along?: 24 wks
Maternity Clothes?: Yes, still all my shirts. And I'm still a Bella Band advocate as I have not purchased another pair of maternity pants.
Best Moment this week: Signing up for our Bradley Class. I am so anxious to learn and really excited to prepare for labor. Plus, it makes things feel so much more real.
Movement: Still a little wiggle worm. Last night she was a dancing machine. Will has gotten to feel her kick a couple of times which was really exciting!
Food Craving: No huge cravings lately. I have noticed that I tend to gravitate towards sweet stuff these days. Chocolate ice cream is a favorite.
Baby's Gender: Still a Girl!
Labor Signs: None
What I miss: Still miss my regular shoes. I also miss standing up with ease.
What I'm looking forward to: Getting started on the nursery. I narrowed paint color choices down to 3. Tonight we are going to get samples to paint the wall and see what we like the best.
Milestones: Hitting 24 weeks! Also, a realization hit me last week. My youngest sister was born at 24 weeks. (She's perfect and shows no side effects, by the way. We are blessed.) But just coming to the realization that I am at the same point in my pregnancy as my mom was when she had Jenny was really..... interesting. I'm not worried at all but I do remember going to visit Jenny in the hospital when she was born. I remember how small she was and what she looked like. That is right where our little girl is. It just made me think...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We took Bradley and had a successful natural childbirth. It was awesome. I would really recommend a doula if you haven't hired one yet. Feel free to ask if you have questions (or if everyone tells one you're crazy, which is what happened here).