Monday, June 1, 2009

Confession and Updates

I have to confess, I am really a big wimp when it comes to putting up belly picks. That's why you haven't seen one. Well, the truth is that up until fairly recently, there wasn't much belly to show but now that there is, I'm a chicken. I've taken a few shots but most of the time I really feel like I just look sick and worn out. Now, I will say that most of those shots where taken in the first trimester when I was sick and worn out but I still have not mustered up the courage ever since my first few fails. So, I may or may not post a belly pic. We'll just have to see.

As for updates, I want to start posting these weekly to keep you all in the loop. This week you'll hopefully get a couple so that I can get on track. So, here we go:

How far along? 22 wks and 5 days
Maternity Clothes? Yes, all my shirts. I have a pair of maternity jeans and bermuda shorts but usually I just use my Bella Band. It's a pregnant girls dream!!! (Blair, if you read this and don't have one, let me know)
Best Moment this week: Finally feeling like I look pregnant and not just like I've been a little too in love with carbs.
Movement: Wow! Do I have a wiggle worm. She is moving all over and I feel so much more often now. She is a night owl, though. Most of the time she gets really active in the late afternoon and continues on and off through the rest of the evening. I usually go to bed with her kicking me.
Food Craving: I can't really think of anything I've been craving lately. I went through my veggie and dill dip phase but that's gone now. The strangest thing is that I like things I never would even look at before. I never ate mushrooms before getting pregnant but now I eat them a lot.
Baby's Gender: Girl! We love pink!
Labor Signs: None
What I miss: Wearing shoes other than flip-flops. My poor feet are so swollen. All I can wear is flip-flops. It makes me feel really unprofessional at work.
What I'm looking forward to: I have a doctor's appointment this week so I can't wait to hear her heartbeat again. I'm also looking forward to picking paint colors for the nursery.
Milestones: It's not a big one but we received a piece to the bedding set we picked out. Now I can go find a paint color to go in the room. That just makes this all seem so much more real!

What other things would you guys like me to let you know in my weekly updates. Let me know.

7 comments:

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Don't worry about being chicken. I was good about posting pics at first, but now that I feel huge, I don't like any pictures we take of me.

And I feel your pain on the swollen thing. I bought a comfy pair of sneakers for more support, but when I wear socks, all the swelling stops right at my sock like. So my feet are fine... it's just my legs that look bad now.

There's just no winning... :)

Kristin said...

Oh, I love belly pics!! I really hope you get the courage to post them :)

Mungee's Ma said...

I read once that you should put a pair of socks in the freezer and use them to help the swelling in your feet.

I like to include how I'm sleeping, belly button in or out, and weekly wisdom (not that I have any real sage pregnancy wisdom) in my updates as well :)

GoMo said...

I wasn't too big on belly pictures. I barely have any with Jay.

By the way, I didn't know I was in labor. I was having contractions, but I thought they were only braxton hicks. Boy, was I wrong, when my water broke at 11:50 at night I figured out they were the real thing. The contractions were actually 2 and 3 minutes apart. I think you are suppose to go at about 5 minutes apart.

Things aren't as bad as some people say. Hopefully you will have a great rest of your pregnancy.

Unknown said...

Don't worry about being nervous to post pictures! I was the same way at first, but, I loved looking back at them once it was all over with! I felt huge in my pictures. I'm sure you look just fine!! :-)

Lubna said...

Laura!!! This is so fun. I have heard on the bella band but do not have one...let me know how I could get one:-) Love & Miss you!!!

Kimberly said...

My feet use to get really swollen too. And it hurts so much!! I remember telling Justin I just wanted to use a needle and pop them, like they were water balloons or something.

Hooray for a girl!

Can't wait to see a belly shot. You'll regret not having them for keepsake if you don't take them. And I rarely included my face in my belly shots, you can just take one of your tummy:)