Monday, August 11, 2008

Our First Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday was our 1 year wedding anniversary so how did we celebrate? We had a weekend packed full of things to do! Friday night we had a normal date night which consisted of going out to dinner and to a movie. Now, I have to take a moment to add that my husband is the best husband and he lets me get away with way too much. He took me to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: 2. And on top of that he didn't complain one bit, well, maybe a little bit but no more than I expected.

Saturday was such a great day. It starting off with a massage and then a manicure and pedicure. Will and I had reservations at one of my favorite restaurants, The Melting Pot. We had a wonderful server by the name of Emily and she really helped make our first anniversary special! In fact, the entire staff at The Melting Pot was wonderful! Every single employee we encountered all the way from the hostesses to the manager came to tell us Happy Anniversary! After we sufficiently stuffed ourselves on cheese and chocolate fondue we said thank you to everyone for making it a lovely night and then headed home. It was such a great night!

Sunday was our actual wedding anniversary but we didn't have anything special planned. We went to church, had lunch with friends and then found out that we were going to be getting a washing machine and dryer that day! We were buying it from a friend of ours and thought we wouldn't be able to get it until the following weekend. This was a huge blessing to Will and I! We have not had our own washer and dryer since we got married! So, in order to make room for the new washer and dryer we had to do some organizing in our garage. After an hour or so of organizing and installing, with the help of my father-in-law, we had a very organized garage AND a new washer and dryer! Will and I both are so excited!

After washing and drying 3 loads of laundry and cooking dinner we met up with some of our friends for Rita's. (I'll have to tell you all more about Rita's another time.) With such a busy day we almost forgot to do one of the most important things to do on your 1st wedding anniversary! We almost forgot about our cake top! (Although, now, I think Will wishes we had forgotten it.) We cut into the cake and each took a bite. It was terrible! We didn't spit out our bites so we did stick to the tradition but we are both glad that it's not a yearly tradition.

To sum it up, we had a great anniversary weekend! We spent time together and with friends. I couldn't have asked for a better one. And I couldn't have asked for a better person to share it all with.

P.S. Will, thank you for a wonderful first year of marriage. I look forward to many more with you. I love you the most.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations! What a busy weekend.

How fabulous that you now have a washer/dryer! I'm sure that will make life so much easier :)

LOVE your wedding pic!

Megan :-) said...

I miss my Laura! I hope you are doing well. Your haircut is too cute for words. Stay awesome!

Oh yeah, your excited about the washer/ dryer. Just wait until it seems like you're doing some kind of laundry everyday! I used to enjoy doing laundry, now I dread it so much!

Ray Ray said...

that was a sweet story.