Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Luncheon with the Daytona Ladies

This past Saturday my grandmother, aunt, great-aunt and some of the other female family members from Daytona came to our house for a luncheon. They had asked me a month ago if they could come up to see the new house and I wanted to make it special. I wanted to show them that I not only had a cute new house but I could also host a nice luncheon. I made chicken salad croissants and fruit salad. Everyone was quite impressed that I made everything from scratch.

A couple weeks before the luncheon my grandmother had called me to finalize some of the plans and at the time I told her that I had a surprise planned for dessert. She couldn't figure out what I was going to serve but was anxiously awaiting the surprise I had planned.

A day or two before my conversation with her I was going through my favorite Internet sites and I came across this recipe for dessert from ThePioneerWoman.com. And by the way, if you haven't become fast friends with Ree over at The Pioneer Woman, you better scurry on over there because you just don't know what you are missing.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I made these cute little flower pot desserts and they were a huge hit!!! The ladies ate them up, literally and figuratively.

These little goodies would be great at a bridal or baby shower. I can't wait to make them again.

No comments: