Monday, September 22, 2008

Running...

Okay, here goes. I know that as soon as I post this I am going to be held accountable for it. I'm just going to say it...I have started running...again...

A few months ago I was running and following the Cough to 5k training program and really enjoying it. Then after following the program fairly consistently for a couple of months I turned into a slacker and quit. I let our schedules get in the way and it dropped off my priority list. The really sad part of it all was that I was actually getting to where I liked running. It wasn't something to dread. But since I stopped I have to start all over again.

So, now I am back on track but still struggling through my runs. I just finished up week 3 and am going to try week 4 tonight.

My friend Rachel has been trying to get in shape as well and starting today we will be meeting a few times a week to do our running and walking. Thanks, Rachel! You help keep me on track.

My hope in writing about this is that I can use my blog as a way to seek encouragement from all of you. And along with that I would love some accountability. I hope to post weekly updates on my progress as well. So, stay tuned and wish me luck.

2 comments:

Ray Ray said...

Yay for running! You totally encourage me to start again. I'll be there on Thursday. =) This old gal is falling apart.

Rachel said...

Hi dearie! I decided to update my blog and get involved in this wonderful world of blogging! Good luck on your running. We need to kick each other's butts into gear! I need to get the rest of my weight OFF!

It was fabulous seeing you tonight. I cannot WAIT for the birthday festivities! Hooray!

I love you to pieces! xoxo